(Limitation of the issue of shares and share equivalents without pre-emptive subscription rights)
The Extraordinary General Meeting, having reviewed the report of the Board of Directors and the Auditors' special report, and in accordance with articles L. 225-129 and L. 225-129-2 of the Commercial Code:
- grants powers to the Board of Directors to resolve and issue BNP Paribas shares and share equivalents, on one or more occasions, in the proportions and at the times it considers appropriate, both in France and abroad;
- resolves that the shares and share equivalents issued by BNP Paribas may give access to the capital of a company more than 50%-owned, directly or indirectly, by BNP Paribas, on the understanding that these issues shall be subject to the consent of the company in which the rights are to be exercised;
- resolves that the par value of capital increases liable to be carried out immediately and/or in the future by virtue of the aforementioned authorisation, may not exceed EUR 320 million, which shall include, where applicable, the par value of additional ordinary shares to be issued in order to protect the interests of the holders of share equivalents in accordance with applicable laws and regulations;
- resolves, moreover, that the par value of debt instruments to be issued by virtue of the aforementioned authorisation may not exceed EUR 7 billion or the equivalent in a foreign currency or unit of account set with reference to several currencies;
- resolves to eliminate the shareholders' pre-emptive right to subscribe for shares or share equivalents to be issued, on the understanding that the Board of Directors will grant shareholders a preferential right to subscribe for all the shares or share equivalents within the time limit and under the conditions set in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations. Said preferential right shall be non-transferable but may, at the Board's discretion, be offered in an irreducible as well as reducible manner;
- resolves that, if the issue of shares or share equivalents is undersubscribed by shareholders and the public, the Board of Directors may implement any or all of the following options, in the order it considers appropriate:
- limit the capital increase to the amount of subscriptions providing such amount is at least equal to three quarters of the increase;
- freely allocate all or some of the unsubscribed shares or share equivalents among shareholders;
- notes that, where applicable, the above authorisation shall lead to the automatic waiver by shareholders of their pre-emptive right to subscribe for shares attaching to these securities in favour of the holders of securities giving access to the Bank's capital;
- resolves that the sum payable to BNP Paribas for each share issued under the aforementioned authorisation, after factoring in the issue price of any shares and equity warrants, will be at least equal to the minimum price provided for by the laws and regulations in force at the time of issue (i.e., currently, the weighted average of prices on the last three trading days on the Eurolist by Euronext before the subscription price of the capital increase is set, minus 5%);
- resolves that the Board of Directors will have full powers to implement this authorisation in order, in particular, to set the issue dates, terms and conditions as well as the form and characteristics of the securities, set the issue price and conditions, set the number of securities to be issued, set the date of dividend entitlement - even retroactive - of the securities, determine the method of paying up shares or share equivalents issued and the conditions under which these will grant entitlement to ordinary BNP Paribas shares, anticipate, where necessary, the conditions for buying back shares on the stock exchange and possibly cancelling them as well as the possibility of suspending the exercise of dividend rights attaching to the securities and set the terms and conditions for protecting the rights of holders thereof in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, and that it may sub-delegate such powers to the Chief Executive Officer or, with the latter's consent, to one or more Chief Operating Officers, under the conditions set by law;
- resolves that the Board of Directors may deduct any amounts from the share premium(s), in particular the costs arising in connection with the issues, and generally take all the necessary steps and enter into all agreements in order to successfully complete the planned issues and record the capital increase(s) resulting from any issue made under this authorisation and make the correlative amendments to the Articles of Association, with the possibility to sub-delegate such powers to the Chief Executive Officer or, with the latter's consent, to one or more Chief Operating Officers;
- resolves that, if shares or share equivalents are issued in consideration of securities tendered for a public exchange offer initiated by BNP Paribas, the Board of Directors will have full powers, in particular, to set the exchange rate and, where applicable, any balance to be paid in cash, record the number of securities tendered and the number of shares or share equivalents to be created in return, set the issue dates and terms and conditions, in particular the price and the date of dividend entitlement of the new shares or, where applicable, the share equivalents, credit the difference between the issue price of the new shares and their par value to an "additional paid-in capital" account to which all shareholders have equivalent rights and, if appropriate, to charge all costs and expenses incurred in connection with the authorised issue against additional paid-in capital, with the possibility to sub-delegate such powers to the Chief Executive Officer or, with the latter's consent, to one or more Chief Operating Officers;
- resolves, moreover, that in the event of the issue of debt securities, the Board of Directors will also have full powers, in particular, to decide whether or not such debt securities will be subordinated, set their interest rate and the terms and conditions of interest payments, their term (which may be fixed or open), the fixed or variable redemption price, with or without a premium, the terms and conditions of redemption - depending on market conditions - and the manner in which the securities will give access to the Bank's capital, with the possibility to sub-delegate such powers to the Chief Executive Officer or, with the latter's consent, to one or more Chief Operating Officers ;
- resolves, lastly, that this authorisation cancels and replaces the unused portion of any earlier authorisations to the same effect.
The powers thus granted to the Board of Directors will be valid for a period of 26 months from the date of this Meeting.
Presentation of the resolution
In the seventeenth resolution, shareholders are asked to limit the 26-month authorisation for the Board of Directors to issue shares and share equivalents to less than 20% of the existing capital, without pre-emptive subscription rights. Existing shareholders will be given a priority right to subscribe for all of the new shares.
These new shares or share equivalents may be issued in consideration of securities tendered for a public exchange offer on one or more other companies.
The par value of capital increases liable to be carried out may not exceed EUR 320 million: this will lead to the creation of a number of new shares equivalent to approximately 17% of the existing capital. Moreover, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, "the issue price will be at least equal to the weighted average of prices on the last three trading days before the subscription price is set, minus 5%", thus in keeping with market conditions.
In addition, the maximum par value of debt securities issued under this authorisation may not exceed EUR 7 billion.
This authorisation cancels and replaces all earlier authorisations to issue shares and share equivalents without pre-emptive subscription rights.